Both individually and as a member of the Australian Childcare Alliance, ACA Victoria actively engages with State and Federal governments on issues of significance to the sector and the private arm of the sector in particular. Regular meetings ensure that the most relevant topics remain front of mind. Media appearances and meetings with politicians of all persuasions take place frequently.
- Interviews and meetings around the introduction of the Jobs for Families Childcare Package Omnibus legislation - visit ACA for more information
- Successfully lobbying Government to withdraw the EYQF and replace it with the Long Day Care Professional Development Program (LDCPDP)
- Lobbying to ensure the Federal Government Productivity Commission review into the ECEC sector, culminating in the Jobs for Families package
- Lobbying to introduce amendments to the National Quality Framework to assist in the reduction of red tape and administrative burden as a result of the implementation of the NQF
During 2016/17 and 2017/18, ACA will be actively:
- Lobbying on the Jobs for Families package to secure equitable funding for the sector and affordability for families
- Representing member needs at the Fair Work Commission regarding the Equal Remuneration Order case under consideration
In addition, ACA Victoria meets regularly with Department of Education and Training representatives in Victoria and is invited to take part in working groups and consultative committees.
ACA regularly seeks member feedback on these issues by way of surveys and face to face discussions at meetings. Feel free to email us or phone us on 03 9532 2017 about any issues of particular concern.
Become a member today and add your voice to our lobbying efforts on your behalf.